January 4, 2015 by fgallon1
The Spencer Foundation is offering small grants (under $50k) for research leading to “an expanded understanding of civic education and its relationship to civic action.”
The criteria for evaluating proposals may include:
- Likelihood that answers to the research questions will advance understanding about the civic action and learning-experience connections;
- Implications for educational improvement, including but not limited to curricula, classrooms, and schools;
- Methodological rigor and the appropriateness of the research design to the research questions;
- Generalizability of the study beyond the project’s specific populations and research sites.
- Outcomes aligned with institutional or systemic change;
- Populations of interest, including non-college-bound youth, less economically privileged youth, members of diverse racial and ethnic groups, and immigrant youth;
- Attention to developmental patterns (age ranges that extend from childhood through age 30)
The next deadline for Small Grant proposals is February 5, 2015. Future deadlines scheduled for April 9, 2015, June 2, 2015, and August 20, 2015.This program typically has a deadline every 2-3 months.